Pink lemonade. It’s sweet, but a little sour right? Pink lemonade has become my power-drink this month. Moving to Chicago feels sweet. I am leaving California, which feels a little sour.
I lucked out with a few vintage scores in this color scheme and ended up becoming obsessed. I’m typically drawn to darker colors and contrast, worn in garments with a touch of innapropriate, something about this last summer in California thing has me dressing very cheery. The colors have such nostalgia to any of us 80’s kids and look great with a tan!
Pour yourself a glass of organic lemonade and take a peek at the look book I created pairing vintage with a handful of my favorite brands, including Ban.do, who’s entire brand identity is based around FUN.
For this sunny shoot, I packed my bags and headed back out to my happy place, Palm Springs to shoot a few sunny looks while lounging by the pool. Palm Springs is one of my favorite places to chill, work and shoot. There is such a tacky retro feel to the whole town, vintage shopping galore and mid-century remains everywhere.
What’s in my bag:
- authentic mexican blanket- I scored mine from my friend Jules, stylist and owner of Gunn & Swain . I take it with me everywhere! I use this bright blanket as a beach towel, flat lay background and always have it with me to use as a blanket if the hotel I am staying is a little shady. As soon as we move, I’ll be buying her all white one! I threw in an extra beach towel for hangs by the hot tub at night.
- obnoxious visor or hat- it’s hot AF in Palm Springs. Gotta protect your face! Snagged this one at Daiso
- sunnies- duh. grab these ones from Modern Gypsy
- fun cups- I love the way a bright, shiny party cup looks in the sun. It feels like a true vacation or party and drinking out of a glittery bottle makes me actually drink water. I grabbed this glitter bomb bottle and the disco ball tumbler from the fun gals at Ban.do.
- bags- I am super anal about organization and fell in love with the colors of this peekaboo circle clutch by Ban.do. It’s just the right size for some cash, Glossier Balm DotCom– ( You guys! They made a birthday cake flavor!!!!), phone sunscreen, and room key. I just popped over to the site and noticed that the clutch is ON SALE. The duffle bag I took is also from Ban.do (obsessed? ) It’s just the right size and like I said, I’ve been feeling really pink and sassy lately. After the weekend trip, I started using it as my work bag and it makes everyone giggle 😉
- sweatshirt- I always bring one for cold hotel rooms and restaurants. This one is vintage that I had customized.
- camera- of course I brought my Instax , as well as a vintage film camera and my trusty Canon.
- notecards- I take time by the pool to read and catch up with friends. I have a couple of friends who have moved away from Southern California and we have decided to stay in touch via snail-mail. It’s so fun to have pen pals and these notecards ( also from Ban.do ) keep it exciting. The inner lining of the envelopes are GOLD! Whhhaaaaattt!!!
- vintage swimsuit- SOLD from Goldstruck Goods Vintage
- vintage cotton romper- fantastic by the pool with a big floppy hat, then paired with mules when I grabbed a drink at an outdoor bar. Goldstruck Goods Vintage
- vintage crochet crop top- fantastic over a bikini and paired with these super adorable high waisted stripe shorts ( SOLD) Goldstruck Goods Vintage
jewelry: mixed, mostly vintage- feel free to ask me if you want specifics! mules: Clover by Matisse Footwear– my favorite! I have 2 pairs and am dreaming of the black ones, bralette: cozy sexy lil number in my favorite color by Honey Bunny Intimates
My makeup routine in hot temperatures is incredibly minimal. Most of the time if I am in the desert, you’ll see me in tinted SPF- I love this one from Dr Jart ( not pictured ) layered over a heavy moisturizer with an accent of highlighter from Glossier. ( Haloscope is a cult product for a reason. It’s magic. Read more HERE ) Once I’m done at the pool, I’ll freshen up, dab on a little Stretch Concealer, Cloud Paint cheek stain and Generation G matte lip color also from Glossier. It’s just enough color to look done, but not too done. Let your tan do the talking.
The peekaboo circle clutch from Ban.do holds everything you need- cash, lip color and a little vial of glitter of course!
Top: cozy and lightweight Free People found at Birdie Boutique, glasses: vintage
Only hangs with dogs. swimsuit: Ban.do x Private Party
This towel gets me. Grab this oversized plush towel here: Ban.do
Shortly after my shoot, I was requested back to Palm Springs for a shoot with my beauties at Cleobella. We shot in this amazing colorful house that has been fully kept in int’s vintage glory. It was pure magic and I cannnnnnoooot wait to share those photos with you once Spring 2018 hits the shelves.
Welcome to Fabulous Palm Springs.
glasses: Modern Gypsy
glasses: vintage PRADA
Love is Love. Always.